Total Pageviews

Monday 29 August 2011

A sample of a random morning...


As I lay dying...

LOL. no, that line's been taken, and not something that'll fit for quite some time..anyway, this morning as i lay in bed watching the sun rise on another restless night- I awoke from an intensely real feeling dream yet all i can recall is that I smelt burning, felt myself being pulled in four different directions almost to breaking point, and I was happy...
yes...that's right...happy.
and I'm more bewildered at that than you can imagine. I usually consult my grandmother in cases where dreams bother me, she usually has some insight into things like this (and as dream analysis in Freud's school never did grab me much, I seek her out) but, as she has for the moment ex-communicated me for the major offense of being absent from church while she was in Kgn. Having no one really to "share" this with on the level of an exchange (the other person I share these recollections with for any depth at the moment being as remote as the isthmus of Suez makes Egypt from Norway ), I simply ignored it and shelved such musings in favour of other things.
I thought on the urge I had to write, to express my own creativity in a tangible way. I thought on the time since i had last completed a work and its use (as I have always come to see my work), as a lasting monument to my inadequacy; found it to be quite a while and settled on a piece I have wanted to for some time try my hand at but never had the confidence to do...still lacking that confidence, I nevertheless plough on into it...Stay tuned for word on it...I might even put up a recording *cues dissonant chords and mounting tension*

This picture is of the facade of La Fenice in Venice, the place my dream played out (yes, i remember that detail starkly), one of few opera houses I MUST see before i die

No comments:

Post a Comment