Total Pageviews

Friday 26 August 2011

The Prayer of the Depressed...



Below I submit a catholic "prayer of the depressed". I myself am not catholic, but i admire the divine in all things and their validity to their practitioners. I find the words beautiful, and feel a certain pull in its supplication:

"O glorious St. Michael, the Archangel, leader of the angels who stood against Lucifer and his devils, I stand before you with a broken heart, weighed down by problems which I cannot understand nor solve.

Your sword was instrumental in the defeat of Satan, the prince of darkness. I beseech you – help me withstand this darkness that engulfs me and my life. Protect me from negative thoughts and lift my spirit whenever I feel that everything will go wrong. Lead me to a total trust and confidence in God.

As you surrender your will to Him, give me the same courage to follow you. Let me savor how it is to live in the light of God who gives meaning to everything that happens to us. Guide me to understand the CROSS of JESUS so that my sorrow will be my salvation.

Let me see the hand of God in all events of my life so that I may always hope that something good will come out from the bad things that happened to me.

Accompany me, St. Michael, in this difficult journey to find new meaning and purpose to my life. Light your sword in this darkness so that I may see Jesus and His Mother, Mary. Someday, may we see each other in the bliss of heaven, where all tears will be wiped away. Amen.


(retrieved from: www.turnbacktogod.com)

I added the top/upper picture (Which is of Lucifer) to highlight something that has been a source of annoyance for me, all pictures of the war neglect to show the "Beauty" of the Morningstar...if the bible went at pains to describe his beauty, here u are depicting the last moments of that existing beauty, why not show that? I understand an afterward of decay and grotesque imagery, but at least give the due as written? I implore future artists...

No comments:

Post a Comment