Total Pageviews

Thursday 24 November 2011

Ah, to be nude...a mid morning tangent





You're lazing in bed, reading a novel and sipping your favourite "lazy day" drink, and music permeates the air of your cosy room. A beautiful moment is truly made in this tableau, right? Suddenly a knock or a beckon made to permit entry is made, and you scramble in the opposite direction, a quick dash to the closet for a robe or some clothing to hide your state of nudity; all the while cursing the intruder upon your bliss. the eventual moment comes where they've been admitted, only for you to discover you got dressed for some banal and irritating situation in which you often cannot even be of use to them... I would hope this scenario doesn't only plague me in its occurrence...
I enjoy the freedom of nudity, in my private moments I tend to strip right down and relish the feel of being clothed in air, caressed by the veiled rays of the sun or beams of the moon through my curtains. I like this wondrous alone time when I remove all the roles each piece of garment thrusts upon my psyche (yes, I believe clothes have "energies" and this energy makes us don a certain trait when we wear certain items of clothing), and I am just me, the reserved shy quiet guy, reading in his own little corner of the world.
at odds with my love of being unfettered is my enormous level of self-consciousness- I am not at all an exhibitionist, and I studiously avoid all mirrors when in my state of undress...this is not to say my body is the worst there is (in fact I think of myself as having an average body type), but I just don't often look at myself naked; I don't think I even went through the period of fascination with self that most guys my age seem to pass through *pauses while I blush scarlet having realised I said all this*... yea, I just don't find nakedness that much of an issue (here I laugh riotously wondering what puns would have come if I had used "no big deal" instead lol)...in a way I guess this outlook also extends to sexual existence. often I will see someone walking by in almost nothing, looking the total Spartan or the ideal Amazonian and I am not in any way moved by their display, as a friend of mine would say "...[not] even a twitch from my brainless head" conversely, I could be making the acquaintance of a plain, decently clothed well spoken individual and I am "at-tent-ive" (see what I just did there?) for the duration of our discourse and enthralled for some time after: it is in those times I wonder if it is that the "Sexualisation" (rae, i'm coining big words) of the society has turned me off from blatant sexuality so completely as to inspire my utter apathy ....but I could just be weird that way...wired differently...who knows?

2 comments:

  1. Yes...I suppose some would think so...it just "is" though...

    ReplyDelete