Total Pageviews

Wednesday 21 November 2012

Short Story fever...*does disco move*

I dont really know what inspired this, was in bed unable to sleep and after finally getting to doze i jumped awake and THIS CAME...So I wrote it down..what do you think?

I slowly trudge to the cut-stone façade of the administrative building, my footfalls announced by the crunch of gravel. It had been years since the fire, and yet more since I had last set foot at Crowley Hall, vowing never to return. Inexplicably, I had been more drawn as successive years rolled, then slowly ground on, until the will to keep my oath vanished entirely. A sea of memories flowed in, and my conscience reeled. I chided myself at my idiocy in ever thinking that, by avoiding Crowley that I would escape the memories; the joys , sighs, the sorrows...and through it all -  Him...
       My imagination conjures his spectre, and he comes to stand before me: the arrogant set of his squared jaw, softened by that beatific smile, small yet sensuous mouth, and those eyes...those eyes the colour of aged  spiced rum, yet a thousand times more intoxicating, which could pin you to heated submission or ravage you with icy despair...I was a fool to have ever tried to forget. So lost in the past I was oblivious to the intrusion of another until I felt the soft touch on my shoulder, suspending but not shattering the spell of recollection.
 "I'll take a ride back to the hotel with Monty, you come back when-" he paused, a breath hitched in his throat, as i sensed more than saw his body loosen, resignation seeping into him. "just...come back...please?" he turned and headed back to the cars, not waiting for a response, for which I was grateful; I would have had no clue what to say. I watch his slump-shouldered retreat without really seeing him, my mind being transported back decades before the present. where now forests had reclaimed, memory repaired, transformed and transfigured reality, nostalgia creating an almost tangible thing of my regression...and I was taken back to that day, 20 years prior, when Octavion had done it...the day he drew his last breath in my arms

No comments:

Post a Comment