Total Pageviews

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Oh Lord, Big up to di Jing-Bang dem!!!

Aunt: "yuh lucky yuh neva come home come see di jing-bang* dem"
Me: " O_o jing-bang?"
Aunt: "yuh fada cayliss Ooman dem, full up di house one bag a igleness, mi jus go ova deh an look if yuh room door lock..."
...at this point the conversation turns to a "tear down" of his unscrupulous and lazy ways, me being silent audience...She is summarily joined by my cousin, who confirms it all, responding to her rhetoric and nodding at points where there is no pause. I am boiling inside, as I think of how he has his visitors, who walk through my room and trouble my stuff at will, often then seeing me on the road and interrogating me as if they'd known me all their lives (yep, THEIR lives) because they're intrigued by the wall (I should post a pic one of these days) or intimidated by all the crap he feeds em...then, as usual with scenarios such as this, in steps the accused, wide grin and searching eyes...
"Mi Hungry enuh, weh yuh have ova ya?"
...he proceeds to have the last fish patty (my aunt has half baked patties which she buys as labour-saving meals when she cant be bothered), devours the last of the cream of wheat cereal and again vanishes, off to cavort with the "jing-bangs"-but not before wondering why im not staying over my own yaad, and instead siddung over here a bodda di ole woman dem (He was smart this time to not mention that he had girls there half his age flirting with and would like his "junior" to come play wingman...becuz, fuck no way in hell i'm gonna help my father get into bed with anyone who I myself am older than, or worse yet have them switch and come on to me, as has happened in past *KMRT, ALL A DAT is  for another post*) I simply let my aunt answer...and she did, laying into him so he had only to smile and leave after making light of her stabs... Ahh Bwoy...dis family, *SMH*

* "Jing-Bang"; A young woman (or older woman, as defined by perceived or rumoured desirability) or a group thereof, who seek(s) the attentions, gifts and resources of an ordinary, often foolish man, often at the promise of future physical/sexual favours which they have no intentions of fulfilling.




<Above> A stylised representation of the Jamaican "Jing-Bang"

No comments:

Post a Comment