Total Pageviews

Sunday 26 February 2012

An interesting quote from E. Lynn Harris...

Reading a novel Just As I Am by now one of my favourite authors, I came across the quote below, and was moved to share it, hope you find it an interesting sentiment as well...


"You don't think AIDS is God's work?"  I asked
"Chile, no. AIDS is some of man's shit. but I think when we come into the world, its already established when we're going to leave. my time is just almost up..."
"...Whats it going to take to find a cure?" I questioned.
"When they realise that everyone's life is worth saving: the men; the women and the babies.. when they realise gay men do more than hair and sew dresses." Kyle said.
"You think people still think its a gay disease?
"Oh yeah. they have to believe that. it makes them feel safe...."

No comments:

Post a Comment