Total Pageviews

Monday 30 May 2011

Secular steps to a Sacred beat? ...Part 1

earlier this year, and as has become habit, with phone at the ready, I stumbled across a halted funeral procession...Loathe as I am to stop where the un-tuned dare to congregate in 'joyful noise' to the memory of someone that either died as he had lived, or was unfortunate enough to die because of where he lived, I felt drawn to the top of my street to behold the what one could loosely call pageantry...well the masses were gathered for a show and it was exactly what they were given, as dancers and instrumentalists put on a spectacle for their awed crowd...I was initially fascinated by the effect that such a thing had on them....but was eventually led to consider what the motives were for this grand show...does on watch for the artistic endeavour? or just stare because one's home is simply much less tolerable by comparison?

to be continued.....

No comments:

Post a Comment