Total Pageviews

Wednesday 30 March 2016

Why?

"...but think of how it looks. persons are saying..."
I do not quite know why, but hearing these words never fail to make me suspicious of the messenger. It is not that in the moment they do not mean well, or even that they do. I do not react to the implication that they have discussed me with others, nor that others have low opinions of me. I listen for the rest of the rhetoric. and in this instance, I was disappointed to note that it was as expected. you fall in line with the opinions of them. you who should know better. but then, I cannot say that I blame you; after all, open as I am, you do not feel comfortable asking, you rather speculation until such time as you feel you have enough backing to confront. I think that is the problem...why do you - and this is non specific to one person - need the validation of a group behind you to speak of your fears to a friend? What's more, your fears allayed with truth, you never return to those who shared the ill opinion in hopes of enlightening them. but then the wheels set in motion are rarely stopped by the one who does so. that would demand a maturity that in this and most instances, you feign.

"...Donkeys live a long time. none of you has ever seen a dead donkey."
 - Orwell

No comments:

Post a Comment