Total Pageviews

Wednesday 10 June 2015

On Accountability and Friendship

I sit here and I mentally (and I'm alone, so I may as well admit that I did so audibly as well) berate myself for being too invested in the bigger/ more important issue to understand that the focus will not be universal, and is dependent on the perspective it is being viewed from.
 I was conversing with a close friend about a depressing state that another friend is going through, and they remained stuck on one detail. a detail I unfortunately found negligible, and for reasons I cannot share here, utterly ridiculous to fixate on; and even having done so, to take the perspective he had on the issue. A brief exchange though it was, I was again greeted with the reality that opinions and perspectives will not always align: I must shift cognition and attitudes more readily to accommodate for each person and situation....I readily apologised for this misstep, but I cannot help but wonder... Has it got so banal to hear of mortal peril that its a negligible side plot?

Am I sincere or ranting? did I truly repent of my anger? sigh

No comments:

Post a Comment