Total Pageviews

Saturday 21 March 2015

Rough drafts of emotion

I am uncomfortable with terms of endearment, I encapsulate warmth, mischief, affection and icy distance through "Ma'am" and "Sir". To compound this situation, usually I cringe when I am referred to in any dulcet tones with "babe" "love" "hon" "honey" or other such names...most know I too readily revert to my days of emotional insularity. but then there was you. you who brought heat and passion and light. you who understood implicitly that I needed to be taken as I was in many ways. and you called me "Baby Boy," and made it a reverent term meant only for my ears only from your lips. we did not last, but thank you for the time I was your Baby Boy... and for every so often reminding me that I deserve happiness and to be comfortable even as you couldn't have given it to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment