Total Pageviews

Tuesday 26 June 2012

Ardenne Homecoming 2012

Well, it would seem there's no end to this year's artistic opportunities... Just having been relieved of the University Singer's concert season run, I am presented with the opportunity to conduct The Ardenne High School Alumni Choir at this year's Homecoming concert. It was with immense fear I had accepted, and I approached the appointment with more than a little apprehension, after all, I would not only be dealing with singers my own age, in fact the bulk of the choir will be singers who predate me by several decades! nevertheless, with some coaxing from Hanief, I stand before the choir, built on voices that shaped my choral existence and those which weathered high school with me... it was looking to be an awesome experience...Til' I actually got before them, and was greeted with the true difficulty of being at the helm of a ship whose crew may not exactly be "enthused" at your appointment, and unappreciative of your manner... I speak quickly when flustered, and I generally have a faulty brain to mouth connect when it comes to work to be done- I. Am.A. Stickler...bad combination...will keep you posted as it unfolds...

No comments:

Post a Comment