Total Pageviews

Friday 27 January 2012

Of music and youth..."The Unfinished String Quartet"

When I first discovered that the wild hums and sounds I'd make while doing a chore, walking, or even reading quietly were subconscious forays into the realm of music composition, I was excited to get right into the process of notation...Here was my first attempt at electronic notation. I wrote this in grade 9 in High school, to myself saying I would write one of the shortest string quartets complete with all four movements. using a free version of Noteworthy composer. I'm embarrassed to say all I can find of this is my handwritten score of the first movement and the midis that the unregistered programme allowed me to save in... but every so often I listen and remember the fun early days of reading music theory, and sharing with my friends In Music Club, the hours of reprieve from the usual drama of adolescence...

No comments:

Post a Comment