Total Pageviews

Saturday 17 December 2011

yay, Christmas vulnerability!... -__- sigh


In the midnight hours while waiting to go to on the late night ride to the other side of the island for my uncle's wedding, I lay up thinking about my looming performance at a friend's Christmas concert, and the solos I had to do, as well as taking the mantle as one of two in the line that can sing by score. I thought on the rehearsal the night before, when I ruined the run through of Quiet Sings the Dawn, A Christmas piece he had written and one of my solos. It was my first time looking at the piece, and it is an easy enough piece, and written to span literally the octave of middle C (261.625Cps) to the C the octave below (130.8013Cps). I ruined the rehearsal of it. I was so nervous I sang it an octave higher for the first two bars then, having realised my err (and the shock on his face while he conducted the piece) I sang so quietly that by verse 3 to end the song I was in effect il Muto. Gripped in a fit of self doubt which almost became hyperventilating (cant believe i'm this nervous) , and a moment of Idiocy and madness I decided to try and see if I was able to do it, and I fetched my aunt's phone to record it, determined that, sink or swim i'd do the first verse at least, and...yup...post it...I know, what a colossal idiot... but, here goes...leave tips and comments please, anything suggested to help would be welcome

No comments:

Post a Comment